Blogs > The Full-Court Press

Welcome back to the Trentonian's Full-Court Press blog. Yes, we're still alive, and with the 2015-16 season rapidly approaching, it's time to fire up the old blog for another season. Check back here throughout the year for updates on all things Rider and Princeton, including coverage of both the MAAC and Ivy League. Feel free to drop me a line on twitter @kj_franko (https://twitter.com/kj_franko) or email kfranko@trentonian.com.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Good jobs by the Stags and Steelers; bad job by me


I made a few predictions yesterday, and depending on how you look at it, either all of them or all but one were wrong. My bad.

For what it’s worth (probably nothing) had I made a prediction on the Rider-Canisius game, I would have taken the Broncs to win and cover the eight-point spread. That happened, and even though it wasn’t the prettiest game I’ve ever witnessed, it was good enough, especially in a season in which the inexplicable seems to happen almost on a daily basis (see: Saint Peter’s winning at previously surging Iona), for Rider.

But I botched the Fairfield-Loyola game. I wrote – I think, with good reason – that I didn’t see Fairfield beating a Loyola team that had won six straight and was starting to look like a top-tier team in the league.

But the Hounds didn’t come through. My alma matter, on the other hand, not only won, but won big, thanks in no small part to a wicked awesome performance from Greg Nero.

Then came the Super Bowl, which I kind of, sort of watched while editing/designing The Trentonian’s sports section.

I missed spectacularly on my prediction that the game would be less exciting and interesting than today’s MAAC basketball games. I also guaranteed a double-digit Steelers victory, and Ben Roethlisberger and Co. let me down. Thankfully, though, thanks to San the Man, I at least had the right team winning, so I’m going to count my Super Bowl prediction as a partial success.

Also, I brought this up during the Mirror gamelog of the Fairfield-Loyola game, and some of the fans following along put in a good effort, but returned no answers: Can anyone think of a non-Bay State team other than Loyola (Brian Rudolph from New Bedford, Jawaan Wright from Agawam) that starts two players from Massachusetts?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must have missed my answer.

The New Hampshire Wildcats. They actually have three starters from Mass.: Tyrece Gibbs (Brockton), Alvin Abreu (Lynn) and Dane DiLiegro (Lexington).

February 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home