* Siena is the third team in MAAC history to play in four straight title games. The others: Iona from 1982-85 and Manhattan from 1992-95.
* Fairfield is in the title game for the first time since 2002-03, when the Stags lost to Manhattan. That season also featured the Stags' last postseason appearance -- a loss to Boston College in the NIT.
* The Stags are 3-2 in MAAC title games, having won in 1986, 1987 and 1997. Their coach in the first two? Mitch Buonaguro, who's now Fran McCaffery's top assistant.
* The MAAC tournament attendance record is easily within reach. Sunday's semifinal session drew a crowd of 8,250, bringing the total for the tournament to 42,890. The record, set last year, is 50,806, meaning Monday's game needs to draw only 7,917 to set the record.
* So much for upsets. For the third straight year, the top two seeds will meet in the final.