Blogs > The Full-Court Press

Welcome back to the Trentonian's Full-Court Press blog. Yes, we're still alive, and with the 2015-16 season rapidly approaching, it's time to fire up the old blog for another season. Check back here throughout the year for updates on all things Rider and Princeton, including coverage of both the MAAC and Ivy League. Feel free to drop me a line on twitter @kj_franko (https://twitter.com/kj_franko) or email kfranko@trentonian.com.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rider's Lindsey cleared to play after concussion

Nuri Lindsey was cleared to play Friday against Canisius/ Photo by JOHN BLAINE

LAWRENCEVILLE — Rider guard Nurideen Lindsey has been cleared to play after missing the last two games with a concussion.

Lindsey dressed for practice Wednesday, but did not participate in any contact drills. Coach Kevin Baggett said he will practice in full Thursday and be available for Friday’s Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference contest against Canisius.

“My body is feeling great,” said Lindsey, who sustained the concussion taking a charge in practice last week. “Having the week that I had off, I came in and got treatment on my body besides having the concussion. I had a chance to get my legs back under me.”


Baggett said he hasn’t decided on his starting lineup against the Golden Griffins.

Lindsey started the first 18 contests, averaging 10.2 points per game, with Tommy Pereira filling in while he recovered from the concussion.

Pereira averaged 15.5 points per game in those two starts.

Baggett said he’s leaning toward Pereira getting his third consecutive start.

“I’m kind of leaning in Tommy’s direction, but I won’t make that decision (yet) … we’ve got a couple days before the Canisius game,” the coach said.

The Broncs (11-9, 6-2) have won five straight and are off to their best start in league play since the 2007-08 season.

Baggett doesn’t anticipate Lindsey’s return messing with the chemistry.

“You just have another starter in Nuri or Tommy,” he said. “I don’t think it’s going to be an issue. It’s not about who starts, it’s about who finishes.”

Lindsey doesn’t have a problem coming off the bench.

“(Tommy’s) played great the last two games,” Lindsey said. “It’s not about me starting or coming off the bench. It’s about me coming back and helping these guys continue the way we’ve been playing.”

Tip off Friday is at 7 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home