Blogs > The Full-Court Press

Welcome back to the Trentonian's Full-Court Press blog. Yes, we're still alive, and with the 2015-16 season rapidly approaching, it's time to fire up the old blog for another season. Check back here throughout the year for updates on all things Rider and Princeton, including coverage of both the MAAC and Ivy League. Feel free to drop me a line on twitter @kj_franko (https://twitter.com/kj_franko) or email kfranko@trentonian.com.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Back to the Broncs

Good news and bad news about my schedule:

First the bad news: It took me seven 1/2 hours today to drive from my mom's house in South Hadley, Mass. back to Trenton -- a drive that usually takes no more than four hours. A word to the wise: if your schedule forces you to travel the day after Christmas, leave room for your trip to take at least twice is long as it normally does. That way you won't have to rush and -- unlike me today -- you'll actually get to where you're going on time.

But there's also good news: If all things work out according to plan, I should make it to Philadelphia for tomorrow night's Rider-Drexel game.

It'll be my first time watching a team coached by Bruiser Flint since he coached at UMass in the late 90s. In fact, when I was a slow-footed power forward in sixth through eighth grade, I attended the "Bruiser Ball" summer camp at UMass.

As for the Broncs, they're coming off an impressive -- though not particularly surprising -- win at Rutgers.

It'll be interesting to see how they play against a good Drexel team from a good mid-major conference (the CAA). It's another good tuneup for the bulk of the MAAC schedule, which starts back up again on Jan. 4 against Marist.

And speaking of the Broncs, I didn't recognize ESPN.com's Andy Glockner when he was at the Rider-Monmouth game on Dec. 15, but he was there and wrote a nice feature on Jason Thompson that's currently the lead story on the ESPN college basketball page.

And for the record, I was indeed one of the two reporters who attended the low-profile postgame press conference.

Here's a link.

If things work out with my schedule, I'll check in from Philly and give you a pregame update before we tip off at 7:30.

And please -- bring on the questions and comments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home